Spicy Soup with hand-rolled noodles
- 3 cups wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coriander (dhania patta)
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin (jeera) powder
- 8 garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Fry onions and garlic till translucent. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add cumin powder, garam masala, pepper along with chopped vegetables. Add water and bring to boil.
- Knead dough from flour. Make irregular bite-sized dough strips and place in simmering broth. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and garnish with coriander and green onion leaves. Serve Thukpa hot.