Crispy fritters made from rice flour
- 4 cups of Rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of channa daal
- 1 tablespoon of toor daal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of urad daal
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Soak channa daal and toor daal in hot water for about 30 mins or until they are easy to break.
- Dry roast urad dall till they turn golden and then grind in mixer to soft powder.
- Add this to the rice flour. Add salt to taste for the whole flour mix. Next, pour about melted butter to the flour mixture.
- Using fingertips, gently mix up the butter and flour.
- Then, add the soaked daals to the flour. Mix up everything well. Take a little of the flour - you could roughly divide the whole thing into 3-4 batches.
- Add water a little at a time to one portion of the flour mix and knead gently with fingertips. Cover the rest and set aside so that it does not get dried up.
- Knead until you get a soft dough consistency.
- Roll lemon sized balls of the dough. Grease a plastic sheet and using fingers make flat round thattais without breaking it.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden brown.
- Drain excess oil.