A sugar coated sweet snack made with flour
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- oil for deep frying
- 1 pinch nigella seeds/ kal jeera
- 2 cups caster sugar for sugar coating
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour and salt. Knead into firm elastic dough by gradually adding water. Allow to rest.
- Roll small piece of dough into rotis. While keeping edges intact, place straight line cuts on roti. Roll the roti, seal ends to make kordoi shape.
- Deep fry kordoi till crispy. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Make sugar syrup by heating sugar in water till just sticky.
- Dunk kordoi into syrup. Allow them to rest before removing and allow them to harden.
- Store in airtight sterile jars.