Vegetable side dish with eggplant and green leaves of dill and fenugreek.
- 1 cup dill leaves / suva leaves, chopped
- 1 cup methi leaves, chopped
- 4 brinjals
- 1 tomato, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 3 Green chilies, chopped finely
- 1 small piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and green chillies.
- Stir fry ginger and garlic, till soft. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add brinjal, methi leaves and dill leaves. Mix and cook covered till brinjals are cooked.
- Serve Suva methi baingan sabzi hot with roti.