Maharashtrian version of Khandvi made from cooked chickpea flour and coconut filling.
- 1 cup besan / chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 pinch hing/ asafoetida
- 2 green chillies, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mix grated cocunut, coriander leaves, ginger, chillies along with salt. Keep aside.
- Whisk besan in buttermilk along with turmeric and salt. Steam it for 10-15 minutes till thick and cooked.
- While still hot, spread thin layer over back side of a plate.
- Allow it to cool. Sprinkle the filling.
- Using knife gently roll the layer. Cut into inch long pieces.
- Temper with hot oil and fried mustard seeds and hing. Serve Suralichi Wadi along with chutney / ketchup.