Simple tangy soup from Mangalore
- 1 onion
- 3 long dry red chillies
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tamarind ball, marble sized, pulp extracted
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons Ghee
- Grind onion, garlic, red chillies, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds along with tamarind pulp.
- Pan fry the paste in little ghee for 2-3 minutes. Add 300 ml of water. Bring to boil and then continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Heat ghee and fry sliced onion. Pour this tempering to the hot saar.
- Serve Saar with rice.