Red Kidney Beans and Turnip cooked in Kashmir flavors
- 2 cups Razma / Red Beans, soaked in boiling water overnight.
- 3 medium Turnip/ Gogji , chopped into medium size
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 small Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 ginger, small piece chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon saunf / fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger powder/ shonth
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Kashmiri Vaer / Masala Tikki
- Oil fry onion and garlic till deep brown. Fry chopped tomatoes and ginger.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, soonth and salt. Saute for a while. Add 4 glasses of water.
- Add drained Rajma. Stir. Transfer to cooker and pressure cook till rajma are cooked.
- Shallow fry turnip pieces in oil till soft. Transfer cooked rajma and continue cooking. Bring to boil.
- Serve Razma Gogji with rice and Kashmiri achar