Spiced Kidney Beans in Tomato rich gravy
- 2 cups rajma, soaked overnight
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomato, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoons kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pressure cook rajma with salt, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and water.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds. Fry onion, ginger garlic paste till oil separates. Add tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add cooked rajma, green chillies and spice powders. Stir.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar. Adjust consistency with water.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi and garnish with coriander leaves, chopped ginger, chopped onion and tomato.
- Serve Rajma Masala hot with rice