Spicy potato fritter made with flavors of Poppy seeds
- Category: Oriya Recipes
- 2 cups Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 cup Maida
- 1 Onion medium, chopped finely
- 1 Potato large, chopped finely
- 3 -4 Green Chillies, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Onion-Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Jeera lanka gunda (Oriya spice mix)
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Soak the Poppy Seeds overnight.
- Take 1/2 tsp oil and fry the finely chopped potatoes to cook it.
- Grind the Poppy Seeds to a fine thick batter.
- Add all the ingredients with the Poppy Seed batter and mix well.
- Heat oil for shallow frying. Add the prepared batter in round shapes to the hot oil
- Cook one side. As it turns crispy and browns, it will easily move. Turn it upside down so that the other side can cook.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Too much mustard leads to bitter taste and coarse texture