Local vegetables cooked in 5 spices
- 1 potato, medium, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons panch phoran masala (seeds of mustard, fennel, nigella, cumin and fenugreek)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup french beans chopped
- 1 carrot, cut in small cubes
- 1 piece pumpkin peeled, deseeded and diced
- salt to taste
- Heat oil and roast panch phoran masala for a minute.
- Add turmeric, green chilly paste and chopped vegetables. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cup of water. Cook covered till vegetables are tender.
- Adjust taste with salt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve panch phoran tarkari hot with puris.