Spicy soup made from Spinach
- 2 cups chopped/ baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup onions, medium, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- crumbled cottage cheese
- Heat oil. Fry cumin seeds, onion, garlic and bay leaves till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped spinach along with salt and pepper. Stir and cook till spinach are half done. Blend spinach to fine paste.
- Roast spinach paste and add vegetable stock. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust taste with butter, salt, lemon juice and black pepper. Garnish with crumbled cottage cheese.
- Serve Palak ka shorba hot.