Protein rich soup made from local lentils and spices.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 50m
- 1 1/2 cups mixed local dal - Rajma, whole urad dal, whole chana dal, chori dal, black eyed pea
- 2 Bay leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tomato, chopped
- Pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- 3 Black cardamoms
- 5 Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- Turmeric powder
- Corriander powder
- Garam masala powder
- 3 Green chillies, chopped
- Soak dals in water overnight.
- Pressure cook dal along with turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and bay leaves till tender.
- Strain the dal water. Keep the dal aside for making fried dal recipes.
- Add rice flour to lentil water.
- Bring dal water to boil.
- Prepare tempering by heating oil and spluttering mustard seed, garlic, green chillies, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and hing.
- Pour the lentil soup / Ras in the tempering. Adjust taste with salt.
- Prepare tempering by heating oil, and fry onion, green chillies and tomatoes.
- Add the sieved dal and bring to boil. Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve with rice.