Spicy dal powder flavored by lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bengal gram/ chana dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal/ minapappu
- 1/4 teaspoon methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hing / asofetida
- 10 Dried red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, fry methi seeds till they turn light brown in color.
- Add asafetida, urad dal, chana dal, dried red chillies and roast on medium flame till raw smell of dal disappears for about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool.
- Grind mixture to form coarse powder. Add salt and lemon juice.
- Store in air tight container. Serve along with idli / dosa or rice.