Sweetened rice balls cooked in ghee
- 2 cups rice
- 1 1/4 cups jaggery
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- Ghee for greasing
- Soak rice in warm water for about 2-3 hours. Once the rice is soft, grind to a smooth batter and set aside.
- Melt jaggery in a small pan with a few drops of water.
- Add the melted jaggery to the rice batter and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder to the batter and mix well.
- Grease cavities of kuzhi paniyaram / appam pan with ghee
- Slowly pour spoonfuls of batter into each cavity and let it cook on medium heat.
- Flip over each appam and let cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- Serve hot.