Mixed lentil crepes with moringa leaves
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/4 cup Tur Dal (Tuvaram Paruppu)
- 1 cup Idli Rice / Boiled Rice
- 1/4 cup Channa Dal (Kadalai Paruppu)
- 1/4 cup Urad dal (Ulutham Paruppu)
- 1/4 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Paasi Paruppu)
- Drumstick or Moringa leaves (Murungakeerai) handful
- 1/4 cup Onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Ginger, an inch piece
- 1 Green chillies
- 4 Whole dry red chillies, soaked in water for 30 min
- Salt – to taste
- Soak rice and lentils together for atleast 2 hrs.
- Grind soaked rice, dals, dry red chilli along with asafetida, cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli and salt to a thick and coarse batter.
- Heat the tawa. Pour a ladle of batter and spread it around. Sprinkle finely chopped onions and murungakeerai / drumstick leaves over it and drizzle little oil around and let it cook.
- Flip and cook on other sides.
- Serve Murungakeerai Adai hot with Coconut chutney.