Boiled whole green gram tempered with spices.
- 2 cups moong/matki (sprouted or plain)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon grated jaggery or sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 -2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Saute onions and green chillies. Cook till the onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell vanishes.
- Add the coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, and salt, and jaggery or sugar. Saute for a minute.
- Mix moong and chopped tomato. Adjust water to desired consistency.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- When beans are cooked, stop heating. Add lime juice. Garnish wit coriander greens or carrot.
- Serve hot with roti/rice.