Spiced boiled banana flowers as side dish
- 1 Mocha / Banana flower, medium
- 1 Cinnamon, inch long stick
- 4 Clove
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 6 Dry red chillies
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Peanut
- 1/2 cup Coconut (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Clean and chop banana flour. Remove long stamens from flowers. Pressure cook with water, turmeric, salt, cloves and cinnamon stick till tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Temper red chillies, bay leaves, cumin seeds and little sugar.
- Add banana flowers, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peanuts, coconuts, spice powders, ghee and mix well.
- Serve Mochar Ghonto hot along with rice.