Spicy soup made from tomato and pepper
- 1 Tomato, chopped finely
- Salt – to taste
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoons Black pepper corns
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 pods Garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- Dry roast black pepper corns and cumin seeds in a pan. Allow to cool. Grind to coarse powder.
- Add 2 cups water to tomatoes and mash well using blender.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, asafoetida, garlic, pepper cumin powder. Roast for 10-30 seconds.
- Add tomato water, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Bring to boil. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Milagu rasam hot with little ghee along with rice.