Red lentil curry with jackfruit seeds
- 2 cups split red lentils, washed and drained
- 4 Jackfruit seeds, outer white cover removed and washed
- 1/2 butternut squash, medium size, peeled, cleaned and chopped.
- 2 Tomato, chopped
- 6 french beans, stringed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Boil dal along with garlic, ginger and jackfruit seeds in some water till lentils are half cooked.
- Add squash, beans, tomatoes and simmer till lentils are cooked.
- Add turmeric and coriander. Stir. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve Masur dailot diya kothalor guti hot with rice.