Spicy chickpea curry made in UP style.
- 3 cups black chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, slit lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon curry masala (coriander, cumin, black pepper and bay leaves)
- 1 green chilly, slit lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons amchoor powder
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and dry red chillies. Fry garlic, onion and ginger till onion are translucent.
- Add green chilly, turmeric powder and curry masala.
- Drain and add chickpeas. Add water and pressure cook till peas are cooked.
- Adjust taste with salt and amchur powder.
- Serve Lipte masale ki ghugni with roti or rice.