Rice vermicelli cooked with lemon flavor and spices
- 250 grams Rice Noodles
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves - few springs ;finely chopped
- Curry leaves - few
- 1 Red Chillies, broken to pieces
- 2 teaspoons Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal
- Nuts - Cashewnuts, peanuts, handful
- Cook noodles in salted water. Drain water and place noodles in cold water.
- Add oil to noodles and spread it till they cool.
- Heat oil. Temper mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, nuts, cumin seeds and red chillies. Roast for few minutes.
- Add green chilli, curry leaves and turmeric. Saute for a minute. Add salt, coconut and coriander leaves. Mix.
- Add this tempering over rice noodles. Add lemon juice and mix well. Adjust taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Serve Lemon Akki Shavige with coconut chutney.