Mixed vegetable dish popular during pujas
- 3 cups pumpkin, chopped
- 1 cup Mooli / Daikon radish , chopped
- 2 cups aubergine, chopped
- 2 potatoes, medium size, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 pieces ginger, inch long and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole red chilli
- 1 teaspoon paas puron
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter paas puron, bay leaf and red chillies. Add onion paste and saute till moisture evaporates.
- Add moola, potatoes, pumpkin and aubergine. Stir fry till uniformly coated.
- Cook covered till vegetables are almost done. Stir in between.
- Add turmeric powder and cumin powder. Add sugar and adjust taste with salt.
- Add 1.5 cup of water and bring to boil. Simmer till completely cooked.
- Add garam masala powder and mix. Cook till gravy is reduced.
- Serve Labra hot along with rice and dal.