Simple stir fried greens of seasonal local vegetable – kulfa. Kulfa has distinct tarty taste and popular ingredient in Himachali kitchen.
- 2 cups Kulfa / Purslane / Pigweed leaves, washed and cut into fine shreds
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- Boil leaves with little salt till soft.
- Ground into paste. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilles, coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Add kulfa paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Adjust salt and water as per taste and consistency required.
- Serve sout kulfa ka saag with roti.