Cilantro dips often eat with rice or dosa
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, leaves and tender stems
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons Ullutham paruppu / urad dal
- 4 Red chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Tamarind paste
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies and asafoetida till dal is light brown.
- Take off flame. Add coriander leaves and stir fry.
- Grind ingredients along with tamarind and salt.
- Serve Kothamalli Thuvayal along with dosa / idli