Stir fried side dish made from Kanchnar / Karalen (Bauhinia variegate) buds
- 250 grams Kachnar kali (buds)
- 1 pinch Garam Masala
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rice Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds powder / dhania powder
- 1 Ginger, half inch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Onion, medium, chopped
- Few methi (fenugreek) seeds
- Boil buds for five minutes till tender.
- Grind onion, garlic and ginger to make a paste
- Put oil in pan, crack methi seeds and fry the paste till light brown.
- Add all the dry masala ( dhania, haldi, chilli and salt) till masala leaves oil.
- Add boiled buds , mix in masala and cover for 2 minutes on slow fire.
- Remove the lid and add rice powder and fry for another 5- 10 minutes. Sprinke Garam masala and Garnish with Green Corriander.
- Serve with roti/ paratha.