Stuffed fried snack popular in Indore
- 1 cup Udad Dal, Soaked 30 min
- 1 cup Moong Dal/Yellow Split Peas, Soaked 30 min
- 5 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida/hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Aamchur/Dry Mango Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain/Carom Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- Mix flour with salt, ajwain seeds and little oil. Mix well. Knead with water into soft dough. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil. Splutter sesame seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida. Fry ginger paste.
- Add moong and urad dal. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, garam masala powder and salt. Stir till mixture dries up.
- Roll circles out of a piece of dough. Fill mixture in center and fold. Press gently such that filling doesn't come out.
- Deep fry kachori in hot oil till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Indori Khasta Kachori along with tamarind chutney, yogurt and sev.