Chickpeas cooked in spicy yogurt based gravy
- 3 cups chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 black cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon / dalchini
- 2 cloves
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Heat oil. Roast hing, cloves, cinnamom, black cardamom, cumin seeds.
- Add spice powders. Stir for few minutes and add chickpeas.
- Mix well till spices are coated on chickpeas.
- Add yogurt and stir continuously. Add cup of water. Bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add ghee. Adjust taste with salt.
- Serve channa madra with hot rice.