Flatbread made with jaggery filing, popular during Makar Sankranti festival
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted
- 3 pods cardamon
- Mix flour and some hot oil. Knead with water into dough. Keep aside.
- Grind roasted sesame seeds and cardamom seeds to coarse powder.
- Heat oil. Roast besan. Combine with jaggery, cardamom, sesame seed powder. Mix well.
- Roll roti out of piece of dough. Add teaspoon of filling at center and close. Roll back into flat bread.
- Bake on hot tawa till golden brown. Grease with oil as required.
- Serve Gulpoli hot.