Yogurt curry made using green dill leaves
- 1 1/2 cups thick yogurt
- 2 cloves
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (laal mirch)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated or paste
- 2 green chilies, paste
- 1/2 cup dill leaves (suva)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- Mix the gram flour, curds and water. Whisk well
- Add the chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt and bring to boil while stirring continuously.
- Add dill leaves to it and simmer for next 10-12 minutes till raw smell of gram flour is gone.
- Heat oil in another pan. Splutter cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Add asafoetida and red chilli. Saute for a few seconds and pour this tempering onto the simmering Kadhi.
- Add nutmeg powder and mix.
- Serve hot with rice