Sandesh is best known bengali sweet after rosgulla made from cottage cheese.
Sandesh (meaning news) is perfect offering for someone bearing news. A good news is often accompanied by sharing sandesh. Gajorer Sandesh is twist with sweetness and colour of carrots.
- 250 grams fresh Ricotta cheese / cheena
- 500 milliliters milk, curdled with lemon juice, drained but not squeezed
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Roast grated carrot with ghee and pinch of salt. Roast till color changes slightly.
- Add cheese and make paste along with grated carrot.
- In seperate pan, make sugar syrup by heating sugar and nutemg, till thick liquid.
- Add carrot cheese paste to syrup and mix slowly till paste is consistent and thick.
- Allow to cool and with ghee greased hand roll into flat round balls / sandesh.
- Serve gajorer norom-pak sandesh.
- In a variation to this recipe, you may make layered sandesh with above gajorer norom pak sandesh settled over gajar halwa.