Gajorer Halua is dessert made from carrot and milk. Traditionally it is made during festive seasons. Gajorer Halua is popular in Bengal and Bangladesh.
- 500 grams carrot grated
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10 chopped almond / cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter/ ghee
- Heat ghee and roast grated carrot for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat milk and bring to boil. Simmer till it reduces to half.
- Add carrot and sugar. Cook till it thickens and leaves from side.
- Garnish with nuts. Serve Gajorer Halua as dessert.