Rice from Dimasa region cooked with corn. Manglai maiju is sticky variety of corn. It is also known by other names in tribal area – Bulbung (Hmar); Kolbu (Kuki); Ntak, Ntaktingne (Zeme Naga).
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons, oil
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 ginger, inch long, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup of boiled corn
- Garlic chives/coriander for the garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the onions. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies, and turmeric.
- Sauté for few minutes and then add boiled corn and cooked rice.
- Now gently stir the entire mix and keep cooking for a few more minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the garnish.