Sweet festive dish made from coriander powder, coconut and sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Dhaniya powder / coriander seed powder
- 1/2 cup makhane
- 10 Cashew nuts, crushed
- 10 Almonds, crushed
- 1/2 cup Dry coconut, grated
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Roast cashew and almonds till brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, roast the makhane till crisp. Remove from the pan and grind coarsely.
- Heat ¼ cup ghee in a pan. Roast coriander powder on low heat till fragrant and brown. Keep stirring constantly.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts, almonds and makhane. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled completely, add the powdered sugar and grated coconut and mix well.
- Store the panjiri in an air tight container for up to a week.