Fried rice cooked in parts of Sikkim and often served as part of Sikkim thali
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 inch piece cinnamon
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Soak rice along with cinnamon and bay leaves for 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin seeds. Fry drained rice along with cinnamon and bay leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric and 2 cups water. Bring to boil. Cover and cook till rice is done for about 20 minutes.
- Serve Chambray hot along with teel ko alu