Cardamom and fennel scented cottage cheese cooked in whole milk
- 400 grams Paneer / cottage cheese, cut into cubes and soaked in hot milk for 30 minutes.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel powder (saunf)
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- salt to taste
- Heat ghee. Roast cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to boil. Add fennel powder, ginger powder and turmeric powder. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add panner and cook for 10-15 minutes till paneer looks creamy and soft.
- Sprinkle garam masala and saffron. Mix.
- Serve Chaman Kaliya hot with rice.