Tangy sauce made from Bilimb or Bimpuli
- 15 Bimbli, raw
- 3 tablespoons Jaggery, grated / adjusted as per taste
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped or slit
- 3 cups Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Dry Red Chilli, cut into 2-3 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Place bimbli in a pan and cover it up with water. Cook on medium flame till soft and mushy.
- Drain excess water and mash into pulp. Keep aside to cool.
- Whisk jaggery and yogurt. Add chopped onion, green chillies and bimbli pulp.
- Adjust taste with salt and jaggery.
- Temper gojju with hot oil and fried mustard seeds and dried red chillies.
- Refrigerate and store Bimbli Mosaru Gojju. Serve with rice.