Bhel puri is popular street food from Mumbai. It is spicy and tangy mixture puffed rice along with local ingredients. There is no hard and fast recipe for the making bhel puri. Bhel puri is best experimented based on your taste preferences.
There are two variants – dry (sukha bhel puri) or wet (gila bhel puri). In dry bhel puri recipe all ingredients which make puffs wet are avoided like tomato, chutneys and others.
Calories in bhel puri? Just forget…keep munching…they contain low calories compared to other snack options.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 2 tablespoons green chutney / coriander leaves or mint leaves paste, as per taste
- 2 -3 Marie biscuit, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 boiled potato, mashed
- 4 -5 papdis
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon crispies / sev
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon cilantro / coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind chutney / dates chutney, as per taste
- Mix puffed rice along with all ingredients.
- Adjust taste with salt and chutneys.
- Garnish - cilantro, peanuts, sev and papdi
- Your bhel puri is ready to be munched.