Deep fried pastry from all purpose flour, curd, butter and dipped in sugar syrup
- 250 grams Maida / All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- Oil / Ghee for deep frying
- 100 grams Curd
- 50 grams Desi Ghee
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Chopped Pistachios for garnishing
- Sieve the maida, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Knead flour along with ghee and yogurt to soft dough. Rest for 20 minutes.
- Taking small lemon ball shaped piece of dough, roll into flattened disc.
- Deep fry discs in ghee till golden on all sides.
- Make sugar syrup by heating sugar in water and cardamom. Dunk fried balushahi in sugar syrup for 10 minutes.
- Drain and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve Balushahi as dessert.