Fried bread made from pearl millet flour
- 1 cup Bajra flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- Oil for frying
- Mix flours, salt and ghee in a bowl. Rub the ghee in the flour till it appears crumbly.
- Add little water at a time to knead dough. Dough should be firm and stiff just like ordinary poori dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Make lemon sized balls of the dough and using rolling pin roll each into thin circles.
- Allow oil to heat in frying pan. When hot, release the pooris in hot oil. Tap the pooris to allow it to puff up.
- Fry evenly from both sides. Remove the poori from oil and place it on tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or sprouted moong daal gravy.