Cottage cheese cooked with pickled spices and yogurt
- 1 cup Cottage cheese / paneer cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 3 dry red chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Dry roast all spices on medium about 2-3 minutes. Grind the spices into fine powder to get a Achari spice mix.
- In a bowl, add yogurt, Achari spice mix, salt and mix well.
- Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger and onion into paste.
- Heat oil. Roast spiced yogurt and green paste. Saute for few minutes.
- Add Cottage cheese and lemon juice. Stir fry for a minute.
- Serve Achari Paneer with rice or roti