Sweet flavored mango pulp served with fried wheat bread
- 4 mangoes, medium alphonso
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder (saunth)
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of saffron, soaked in 1 tsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups Wheat flour
- 1/3 teaspoon Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2/3 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2/3 tablespoon Oil
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Water or as required
- Blend mango pulp. Add milk and blend again. Add flavours of soonth, saffron or cardamom powder.
- Knead flour with ajwain, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, oil and salt into puri dough.
- Roll puri and deep fry them till golden brown on each side.
- Serve Poori with chilled Aamras